How To Purchase Direct Entry (DE) Form For JUPEB Candidates.
How to obtain JAMB Direct-Entry form for new,current and past JUPEB candidates.
This post is to guide every JUPEB candidates on how to apply for Direct-Entry form, Where to purchase the form, the cost of Direct-Entry, Direct-Entry admission requirements,etc.
What is JUPEB?
DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION PERIOD
JAMB direct entry form sales begin: JANUARY 2018
JAMB Direct entry for sales end: JUNE 4, 2018
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR JUPEB CANDIDATES & OTHERS.
Candidates with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
(a) A minimum of five (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level G.C.E. and the others.
(b) Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination,Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
(c) Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
(d) Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
(e) Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
How Many Points Is Required For Direct Entry Admission?
To be eligible for direct entry admission via JUPEB, a candidate must have at least 5 Points.
READ: How to calculate your JUPEB points.
STEPS FOR DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION DOCUMENTS.
i. Each candidate must have a personal e-mail address and mobile phone number.
ii. Each candidate is to use his/her functional and valid personal e-mail address. The system would reject at the point of registration any already used e-mail address.
iii. Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB Portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng. Name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
iv. Payment for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text is done at the banks and NIPOST. Banks have also agreed to make these services available at CBT centres and JAMB State Offices.
v. Each Candidate should visit any accredited CBT Centre with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment.
vi. The CBT centre or JAMB State Office, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing:
a) e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programmes of study.
b) Syllabus (e-syllabus) for the examination.
c) Step by step guide on completion of the application form.
d) A video messages from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without mouse. (For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
vii. Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualification, etc.
viii. At the CBT centre, Candidate’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
ix. O/L and/or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting result should supply the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’s portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the portal of JAMB.
x. Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real life online registration.
No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT Centre and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified.
ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS
On the 2017 registration platform, Candidates are to note that their 1 choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovation Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, NDA (Nigerian Defence Academy) or Nigeria Police Academy.
SEE: List of universities that accepts JUPEB certificate
DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION FEE
Registration fee for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000) only. Candidates are also, as usual, to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the reading text- “In Dependence” for UTME candidates and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” for Direct Entry Candidates.
Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable.
Candidates are advised to keep as confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins.
WILL JUPEB DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATE WRITE JAMB UTME?
The answer is no! JUPEB candidates are treated as advanced level students and will not sit for any JAMB UTME. The UTME by JAMB is for candidates who intend to begin from 100 level through the process.
WILL JUPEB CANDIDATE WRITE POST UTME EXAM?
In most cases, yes. Some universities require JUPEB candidates to sit for their admission screening test while others do not conduct examination. You only purchase their post utme screening form.
If you desire to know whether a school conduct post utme for JUPEB candidates, feel free to ask us via the comment box at the end of this post. We will answer you accurately.
DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION CENTRES FOR JUPEB CANDIDATES
In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB States and FCT Offices will be allowed to register candidates. This is to avoid exploitation, off-line registration, mismatch of candidates’ particulars and other registration-irregularities.
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION GENERAL INFORMATION
- The registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
- Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation
- Examination (UTME) is available at the CBT centres and JAMB Offices Nationwide. The accredited centres have been empowered to assist in this regard.
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee. Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks.
- These banks are to be present in their premises for the purposes of collection all fees. No centre-staff is allowed to conduct cash transaction with the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will be identified and disqualified.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general text: “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates are warned that the Board has not authorized or solicited the services of ANY establishment/group or individual other than the accredited CBT centres for this registration exercise.
Where To Purchase Direct-Entry ePin
JAMB ePIN SELLING POINTS The ePIN outlets are:
- NIPOST and eleven Participating Banks (ACCESS, ECOBANK, FIRSTBANK, FCMB, FIDELITY, JAIZ, SKYE, STERLING, UNION, UNITY and ZENITH)
- Four Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Tranzact (PocketMoni), TEASYPay and Packway Projects (Readycash)
- Two participating Micro Finance Banks: FUD MFB (Dutse) and Regent MFB (Abuja)
- Two online Payment Platforms: SystemSpecs (Remita) and InterSwitch (Quickteller)
- POS (Citi-Serve)
- ATMs of banks listed in (1) above (InterSwitch)
- USSD (NIBSS & ERCAS) for mobile banking
- Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and London